DGV Nav

Monday, February 6, 2012

Just the Right Amount of Wrong


I love this commercial.  It is quirky, and I love the song, which is by Parov Stelar and is electroswing.  It makes me want to go stay in this hotel and have some weird little adventure.
The hotel is the Cosmopolitan in Vegas, and the commercial sets it up as having "Just the right amount of wrong."
The song samples Lil Harden Armstrong and Her Swing Orchestra's song, "Oriental Swing."  Lil Harden Armstrong was the second wife of Louis Armstrong.  She was a beautiful, talented jazz musician.  Of course I like the original version, but I also like that Parov Stelar has made it modern for a younger audience to enjoy.


Beautiful!


Look at this closet (in the hotel)!  I like the Fornasetti wallpaper.
Available here.

Bedroom at the Cosmopolitan, Vegas
I love the simplicity of those bedspreads!  So classic!

~Lori

2 comments:

  1. I just watched this. Totally fab. Loved it.
    The desert doesn't do a thing for me but I love this picture of the two of you. Tres, tres cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The desert doesn't do all that much for me, either, but it's home! There is a new commercial for the Cosmopolitan, featuring Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. It's pretty clever. Hmmm, maybe I'll do a post on that.
    Thanks for your comment!
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...