DGV Nav

Monday, March 5, 2012

Easter Brunch

I know, Easter is weeks away but I can't help myself from wanting to plan.  I am going to host a play date for Gwenna's little friends, and I will have my family over for brunch Easter morning.  It is always a bit of a challenge to create something that is pleasing to both adults and children.  Here is what I came up with:
I started the table setting with these plum tree branches from my backyard.  I like to force the blooms by bringing them inside.  In these pictures the flowers were just beginning to open, right now they are on my table in full bloom.  Give them about 3 days in warm, clean water and make sure to cut and bruise the ends of the branches so they will soak up the water.
One thing I would love to acquire is a set of beautiful juice glasses:  right now it is more practical to have non-breakable ones though.


I got the vintage looking bunny on the Easter egg at Marshals -of all places-.  The white bunny is from Target, and I have plans for him later (hint, hint, Gwenna's birthday party).
Gwenna's little Easter basket works well as a flatware holder, since this is a more casual setting.
One of my favorite things here are these adorable vintage Easter boxes.  My friend, Kaley's mother, found them at a garage sale and thought of me!  Wasn't that sweet?  I have been waiting to find the perfect use for them.
Hmmm.  Should I fill them with cookies, candies, a potted flower?  Should I remove the top and attach ribbon to make them baskets for the egg hunt?  I considered all these options, but decided...



It might be hard to see, but I always write something on my mirror in honor of the seasons, or just everyday inspiration.  They have special mirror crayons at Joanne's.  
I decided to put a packet of flower seeds in each box as a favor for my guests.  After all, by the end of a gathering usually everyone has had more than enough goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...