DGV Nav

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Perfection


I think this room is perfection.
image via desire to inspire
room designed by Ashli Mizell
I thought today I would show you a picture of a beautifully decorated room- a good example of one form of perfection  To me this is what makes decorating so very challenging- one must find his or her own version of perfection and then try to make that version a reality.  It can be hard when there are so very many beautifully done rooms to use for inspiration; while I think this neutral, classic room is absolute perfection, that does not stop me from drooling over a room that has been bathed in rich colors and bold accessories- that is just another form of perfection!  But I think the quote, by French author (aviator, artist, writer, poet) Antoine de Saint-Exupery, sums up perfection, well, perfectly:
"Perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to be taken away."  I love it.  And I love Monsieur Saint-Exupery, and I can feel a post about his writing coming on...

~Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...