DGV Nav

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Inspiration: Audrey Hepburn

I recently canceled my DirectTV service. (GASP!)  The receiver stopped working about a month ago.  I think it has actually been out longer than that.  I was too lazy busy to call and get it repaired.  The Cat and I have been gone a lot anyway, and when we are home, we have been turning on Netflix and watching Magnum P.I. and Parks and Recreation.  We have also been watching movies.  For the Cat, is has been titles such as The Adams Family and Girls Just Want to Have Fun.  For me, it has been some classics, like His Girl Friday, How to Steal a Million, and Charade.  Good, fun classics, the latter two starring one Ms. Audrey Hepburn, looking oh so sleek and stylish with her nod to mod and her classic 60's wardrobe.  There are a couple of looks that I particularly adore.
image via The French Touch
Hello, monochromatic chic.

image via Style Matters
Perfection in a navy jacket.

The first two are from How to Steal a Million with Peter O'Toole.  Next up are some great looks (including my favorite) from Charade with Cary Grant.

image via Style on Film

Isn't this beige coat and matching hat gorgeous?   I will answer that for you- yes; yes it is.

image via Style on Film

This is gorgeous too- beige with a black belt.  Perfect.
My favorite look from the film comes in the form of a red jacket and a leopard print hat.  I love, love, love this look, possibly because I am rather obsessed with leopard print at the moment.
image via Style Matters

image via Lil Vintage Me
I do not see myself wearing the hat, but I did recently get a red jacket.  Hmmmm.  What I would like is a leopard print coat.  Nothing garish, which is easy territory to slip into with something like this,  just perfect.  (Is that really so much to ask?!)  I am inspired by Hepburn's/Givenchy's use of the leopard print, and have loved incorporating it into my outfits via my leopard print flats.
But a coat... Well, a leopard print coat, done right, would become a wardrobe staple for me this winter.
Let me show you what I mean:
~Lori
.


                                                               










                                                                                                                 
           








1 comment:

  1. I love Hepburn, and I love both Charade and How to Steal a Million. I need to find those on DVD so I can enjoy them again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...