DGV Nav

Friday, September 28, 2012

Freaky Find Friday

I have been spending a little more time than usual over on etsy lately, and while hunting around for various goodies, I stumbled across a little gem.

Now, it is no secret that Rebecca and I both like equestrian related fashion and housewares, so it should come as no surprise that the following piece presented itself to me.  Was it fate?  Kismet?  A carefully programmed searchable database?  It doesn't matter, people.  It found me, and my life will never be the same.

Let me continue by saying that horses are majestic, beautiful creatures, are they not?  It is no wonder that they inspire the dreams of so many young girls and boys alike.  It is no wonder that the fashion world continually circles back to equine related trends.

image via
I mean, come on!  How beautiful is that animal?!  So it is really no wonder that artists of all mediums seek to recreate that kind of majestic beauty.   For centuries, horses have been recreated as toys for children, perhaps most notably as rocking horses. 

available for the low, low price of $7,600.00 on amazon

This beauty was created by the Stevenson Brothers as a limited edition for the Queen's "Golden Jubilee."  It was inspired by two rocking horses in Queen Victoria's collection.

My find for today is a very, shall we say, creepy unique take on that popular classic.

from Diamond Dust Taxidermy

So what do you think?  Perfect for that new nursery, ay? 

Apparently, this was made for a college class.  Bestiality 101?  I'm not sure.  Anyway, happy Friday!

~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...