DGV Nav

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Little White Dress

As I type this, I am eating my weight in popcorn and milk duds.  It's true.  I have yet another head cold/allergy attack/sinus deal that is wiping me out, and I wanted a snack.  So milk duds and popcorn it is.
Here's the recipe:
Popcorn
Milk duds
Pop the popcorn.  Are you fancy?  Use a popper.  Are you lazy/hungry/tired?  Use microwave popcorn.  (I know, I know, pinterest says you can pop real popcorn in a brown bag or something.  One day I may try just that.  Today is not that day.)
Dump in your box of milk duds.  Add as many or as little as you like.
Consume voraciously.  Be sure to eat both the popcorn and the milk duds simultaneously.  That is key.

So.  Bet you didn't know you were going to come here and get a tried and true recipe, did you?  Well, have no fear.  I'm pretty sure Julia Child wouldn't have classified the above as a recipe.  But it is delicious.  I promise.

So today was hot.  I think spring forgot to stick around for a little bit, or else the desert just chased her away, because we kind of went directly into summer out here.  80+ degrees here today, people.  I'm not complaining, believe me.  I'd rather be too hot than too cold.  But I did don a dress, and it got me thinking about updating my dress collection.  And while I have a couple of white sleeveless numbers, I do not have anything like these...


Little White Dress



     A lot: burberry /   A little more: Ganni dress, $100 / A little: Forever 21
That last dress was my inspiration dress; it is gorgeous Burberry perfection. It is silk cotton. It is $495 and out of this little old teacher's price range. The other two dresses are fairly similar, for hundreds less. The F21 dress is ridiculously low, at $23. The middle dress, which can be found at ASOS, is $100. Not bad, but give me the Burberry any day!

11 comments:

  1. Of course I like the splurge one best! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? So simple, but so perfect!
      Lori

      Delete
  2. Just got a white little dress for the summer.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Barbie Girl'.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, the Burberry dress is perfect!

    I love a good white summer dress. Definitely quintessential for the super hot months ahead. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - definitely just laughed out loud at your intro.
    Love these dresses!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The burberry dress is really fantastic, but I could never bring myself to spend that much though. The other two are just as cute and definitely better for the wallet. Enjoy the popcorn and milk duds! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yi-chia! I agree about the spending... I just couldn't do it! It is gorgeous, though!
      Lori

      Delete
  6. The little white dress are looking so cute. I love the white dress so much. the design is so standard.

    Here are just a few of the great items you can find in store boutiqueken

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...