DGV Nav

Thursday, November 8, 2012

DIY Fur Ottoman Cover

 I had the idea to make (that is, have my mom make) a fur ottoman slipcover.  I thought it would be fun and cozy in the winter.  I really wanted a white leopard fur, but alas there was none to be found for a reasonable price.  I settled on this grey and cream fur of unknown (faux) animal origin. 
 Here it is turned inside out and ready to pin.
 The pins were put in at the corners so that my mom could take it home to sew.  It really is a matter of just a few seams.  
 Fun right?!  Here it is all finished.  I think I need a solid cream fur one too...
 This is just an inexpensive Ikea ottoman here(that goes with the ektorp chair).  I have a few different covers for it that my mom has made me because the ones that Ikea sells are far too snug after washing.  After all, who ever heard of a slipcover that can't be washed?  Even this faux fur is washable.  

Day 8:  I am thankful for my mom:  She ever willing to work with me on projects and offer her sewing ability (among so many other talents).  Her love and devotion to me and her grand kids makes me tear up.  I look around my house and feel my mom's love.  That is something to be truly thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...