- Do you judge a book by its cover? I'm not going to lie. Sometimes I do judge a book by its cover. I find that as I get older, I have had the tendency to do this more and more. If a book looks aesthetically pleasing, I am more likely to pick it up and read the back cover to see what it is all about. My eye is drawn to pretty, people. Case in point- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
buy it here
- How important is cover design to you? Like I said, I do sometimes judge a book by its cover, but it won't stop me from reading something just because I don't like the way it looks.
- Share your favorite book cover. Yeesh. This is tough. Favorite book cover. Hmmmm. Sorry, don't think I can answer this one. I have no idea.
- What book surprised you the most, despite its unappealing cover design? I once read a book called Magic Kingdom for Sale, Sold. I found it at the library one summer when I had nothing to read and just grabbed random books off the shelf without looking. I'm glad I did; on top of the stupid cover, it had an even worse title! But I actually really enjoyed that book, and the rest of the series, too. And another series by the same author, Terry Brooks.
So lame! Sorry, Terry Brooks and your
cover art guy.
Buy it here.
- In your opinion, what makes a book cover intriguing? Again with the hard questions. I don't know! I'm not very good at this.
Love this one too. I love me some silhouettes. Alrighty. That's about all for now. What are some of your favorite book covers?