DGV Nav

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Minor Obsession: Gallery Wall

There is no denying that I love a good gallery wall.  So does Rebecca.  We have talked about it here, here, and here.  (And we mention it here, here, and here.) There's at least 15 posts where we mention the words "gallery wall."  So today I thought I would give you a peek at mine.  It is finally starting to come together, and I love that it is something the Cat and I can enjoy while we hang out together.  The office looks right into the living room, right at that wall, so while we are in here, working or reading or drawing, we can enjoy the art.
I thought that I would link up with Life in Grace today for Home. On Purpose.  I've posted about Edie's blog before, so I was excited to see that she was hosting a link up.

Poor quality- that's what happens when you take pictures with your phone, at night.


I have been collecting the art for this wall for quite some time.  I have a ton more stuff that might make it up there, including some pieces from my Gram.  She was an amazing self-taught artist.  I adored her and I adore her work, and I really want to display some of her pieces.
Love this painting by my Gram- I just need to find the perfect frame!

This was a quick sketch she did of my Grandfather- I love it
because I can look at it and see him doing that.

One of my very favorite pieces is the charcoal sketch of the Cat.  I love, love, love that picture.  When we went to Ireland, we paid a couple of art students to come by the hotel and sketch Alli and her friend, and that picture (along with some others in the same medium) were exactly what I had been hoping for.  It's one of my favorite things ever.




I also love the fox print directly below it.  I saw the artist's work on Glamour Mash and knew that I wanted one of Alison Fennell's paintings in my life.  (She's the artist behind Eastwitching and the creator of my adorable fox prints.)

buy him here

This print was $18, and worth every penny- it is printed on such nice material.  It is so professional.  It isn't just regular paper, like some art that you might order off of etsy comes on; it is really, really, really nice.  I adore it.  And along with the print, Alison included a lovely little note and a custom printed card featuring another one of her works.
Over on her website, she does a game called "Haystackers."  She hides a needle in one of the pictures on her etsy site, and if you find it, you email her telling her where it is, and then leave a comment on her site telling her which print you'd love to have.
I played after I received my first fox, and I won!  I got to add my little business fox to my wall.
Love him as much as I do?!  Buy him here.

I love my little fox prints; they add a touch of whimsy to my wall.  It was pretty heavy before, let me tell you- I have this pretty amazing painting of what looks like a Spanish explorer, and coupled with the zebra painting and the dark walls, it was looking very serious.  Not the look I was going for, even though this is the formal living room.  My fox prints add so much to this space.  I love them!
I've purchased white curtains for in there, I'm going to get white crown molding to put up, I need a new chandelier, and rug, and curtain rods... Definitely not done yet, but getting there!  Thank goodness for Rebecca, I tell you.  She is such a good friend and inspiration to me.  I wouldn't have even half of this done if it weren't for her help and guidance.
And a big thank you to Alison of Eastwitching for making such beautiful paintings- I love my foxes!

8 comments:

  1. So cute! I am also obsessed with gallery walls lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the mix of prints and frames, and that dark wall is so so chic!! That business fox is too cute. I don't know where I'd ever put him--I don't really have room for a gallery wall in our house. But he sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! I can't wait to take better pics when it is more complete to really show it off!
      Lori

      Delete
  3. I love this, Lori! It's styled beautifully, but is also personal. Well done! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, you are so sweet to say that! Thank you!
      Lori

      Delete
  4. Ha! The business fox print is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...