DGV Nav

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

Before I begin let me just tell you that Lori and I are so excited to be guest bloggers over at 101 Things I Love. We were asked to put together a Spring "must have" list!  Fun right?  Let me just say that we love Johanna and her wonderful blog and that we are thrilled to be over there today.  Go take a look and let us know what you think!

Today I wanted to do a little post on mirrors.  I think that mirrors, like artwork, add so much dimension to any space.  It is obvious that I have a little crush on round mirrors, but there are so many gorgeous ones on the market right now, and many of them are really affordable.  I would also suggest scouring flea markets and antique stores for some really interesting mirrors as well.

Image Via: Crush Cul de Sac #White:  I love the look of gold as an accent in an all white space.  Classic.
Great teen boys room
Architectural Digest: Love the mirror
After his client downsized to a smaller house in Summit, New Jersey, designer Kevin Isbell accommodated her 12-foot-long sofa in the living room by putting it against a wall with a doorway. To "defuse the fact," he hung her showstopping 19th-century sorcerer's mirror above it, creating the feeling of a solid wall.
A mirror from Balsamo is flanked by a pair of Italian gilded wood mirrors on a chest of drawers from Cupboards & Roses Swedish Antiques. Design: Brian McCarthy.
Felicity's real life NYC brownstone: Top 10 Best Celebrities Homes; the best decorated and designed.   http://www.stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/top-10-best-celebrities-homes-the-best-decorated-and-designe.html

Every good room needs a pretty mirror.  They don't have to be expensive either.  Below I put together a nice looking little group of mirrors available right now in stores like Target and Ballard Designs.  I'm especially loving that metal porthole mirror!


Mirrors

3 comments:

  1. I love the Ballard mirrors. There are like 5 I am in between. Love these room inspos.

    Thanks for guest blogging today ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love mirrors and i reallly want/need to add more to my house. these all look fabulous!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...