DGV Nav

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Stop, Collaborate and Listen

If you are like me, you just read that title in your best Vanilla Ice voice.  (You are so welcome!)
I love collaborations, don't you?  For some fantastic clothing choices, we have Phillip Lim for Target coming up on the 15th (perfection in the form of a trench coat).  And for the home?  For the home we have the collaboration between stylists Emily Current and Meritt Elliott (formerly of Current and Elliott jeans) and Pottery Barn Teen.  From what I have seen so far, there are some really gorgeous, eclectic pieces in this collection that are going to be suitable beyond your teen's room.  Which is especially good for those of us who do not actually have a teen (although I am pretty close to having one!) and for those who have no kids at all.
I don't know about all of the bedding, but the lighting, furniture, and accessories that I have seen are pretty gorgeous- with a very ethereal, Alice-in-Wonderland-down-the-rabbit-hole kind of vibe.  But current, not played out or tired.
Take, for instance, this chaise lounge updated in chambray. Chambray, people!  Do you know what that means?!  It will go with Everything!
PB Teen Current and Elliot chaise
image via Lonny
Forget the teen.  I want that in my room.
And how are these for whimsy?  I am loving the tiny animal silhouettes on the sides, and dying to add them to my own gallery wall.  I especially love the elephant and the unicorn.
image via 
image via Glam
I love the polka dots and stripes in the bedding pictured above, and how fun is that alarm clock with the addition of the gold/bronzed rabbit ears?!
image via


image via
This is a layout from Foam magazine.  Isn't that bunny lamp adorable?  And how about that gold threaded needlepoint pillow emblazoned with Lovely?
I can't wait to see what else Current and Elliott have in store for us!  And in about a week, we'll be able to do just that.  The full line will be available for viewing (and buying!) online on September 18.

I would also like to take this time to remember those who lost their lives or had their lives forever altered back in 2001.


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. i love this collaboration! what a great idea with the chambray--very fresh and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want everything from that pottery barn line...i don't care how old i am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um I LOVE that chaise! I totally want that in my house!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession: Ice Ice Baby was my high school class song. I don't know why, but for some reason that song was on EVERY pre-game mix CD, and when it came time to graduate we all looked at each other and thought, "Ha, why not?"

    I'm pumped for the Phillip Lim collection- I'll be there bright and early Sunday a.m. to score some new pieces!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...