DGV Nav

Monday, February 18, 2013

Quotes of the Day: Feisty First Ladies

Since today is President's Day, here in the U.S.,  I thought I would do a fitting post.  I was determined to focus in on fashionable first ladies, but I couldn't find images that I wanted so instead I have decided to share a few quotes from feisty first ladies!  A bit more fun anyway, I think.

"I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered.  But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue:  no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"What is sad for women of my generation is that they weren't supposed to work if they had families.  What were they going to do when the children are grown-watch the raindrops coming down the window?"
Jackie Kennedy

"The first lady is an unpaid public servant elected by one person-her husband."
Lady Bird Johnson

Aren't those great?!  Enjoy your day off (if you are so lucky).


2 comments:

  1. OMG these are SO good!! What clever ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAM! Love this! We seem to ignore this side of the presidency, never forget those tea bags :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...