DGV Nav

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

New Project in the Works: Marble Contact Paper

The other day I had a very successful trip to a local antique store.  One of my finds was a black,three tiered rolling cart that I immediately decided I needed to take home, spray paint, and recover the shelves.  I came across a few blog posts awhile ago that used marble contact paper, and I've had it in my mind ever since that I'd like to use it for some kind of project.
A Thoughtful Place
It still blows me away that the above counter top is not real marble; it's covered in marble contact paper.  I think it turned out beautifully!
And really, projects abound of people using this paper on their projects with stellar results.
I Heart Organizing
This was an IKEA hack.  Brilliant.
My little project should be completed tomorrow, as my own roll of marble contact paper just got here today. I'm excited to finish the project, and I will definitely post pictures when it's done!
I hope your Wednesday is going well!  Yesterday my friend Kim made some pillows out of some of the fabric I found in the garment district; I'll have to post pictures of that little project soon, too.
Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Wow... these look great and you would never know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I first saw that counter top and then read that it was marble, I couldn't believe it!
      Lori

      Delete
  2. I just came across your blog and I'm so happy I did. It's lovely! I'm your new follower and I cant wait for your latest post!

    littlekaatie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great project! I can't wait to see pics of your project.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to get it home and see how it looks!
      Lori

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...