DGV Nav

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Inspiration: Late Summer Flower Arrangements

Even though it is still super hot here and fall feels far away it really is just around the corner.  I want to celebrate the last days of summer with beautiful flower arrangements in my home.  I either like warm colors (orange and peach) or cool deep colors (purple) to pay homage to the dog days of summer and look forward to the onset of fall.  Here are a few ideas for you (and me):
thisnext
I like that this still looks summery, but has warmth and texture.

living4media
I always think of sunflowers when I am transitioning from summer to fall in my home.  I really don't know exactly why.  Maybe it's because the heat is at its most intense before it turns cool and sunflowers are about as warm as they come.  I like them with the hops in this arrangement.

marthastewart
These daliahs are just perfect in simple mercury containers 

august wedding flowers
zimbio
This is just perfect:  It even has a few leaves at the bottom as a nod to fall and white lily of the valley as a farewell to summer.
swamistream
Isn't this pretty for a coffee table?  I think I need to find a shallow brass bowl like this one.

simple tablescape for the last days of summer
tinywhitedaisies
I want to do this tablescape for one of those last BBQ's .

realsimple
I love the carefree style of these...just like the last days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...