DGV Nav

Thursday, April 19, 2012

DIY Leather Headband

I was looking at the latest issue of InStyle magazine (the April issue) when I came across these amazing headbands by Jennifer Behr.
They are so simple and classic, which is probably why I think they are so gorgeous.  Especially the cognac leather one.  But I don't think the $65 price tag is all that gorgeous, so I decided to try my hand at making my own.  For a much more reasonable price- free.  If you have the pieces at home, on hand already, that is.  If not, then this project may set you back a couple of bucks.  Really, it doesn't have to be much, especially if you play it smart.  Here's what you'll need:
vintage belts
hair scrunchies
scissors
thread
needle



















You don't have to limit yourself to leather (or faux leather);
I loved the look of this woven belt at the local Salvation Army.
I snapped it up for like $2, took it home, washed it, and created
a fun headband that is perfect for the spring and summer months!

I could have cut off the metal end of the belt, but I
figured if I kept it on, it would keep it from unraveling, and you
can't see it when you have it on anyway.

*more images coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...