DGV Nav

Monday, April 30, 2012

Vasquez Rocks

It has been a long few weeks for my family.  My parents are out of town, and while I am thrilled that they are having a nice visit with my dad's family, I am missing them and the few nights out I look forward to (since they are our babysitters).  We decided that we needed to do something different this Sunday, so we packed up the kids and headed out of town.  Not too far out of town, though.  Vasquez Rocks was our destination and it is only 40 minutes away.  Most people would recognize this area from some famous movies and TV shows: Blazing Saddles, Star Trek, Zorro, 24, The Lone Ranger etc.
I can't believe that we had never done this before!  It was a beautiful day and we really enjoyed our little hike with the kiddos.  
My little Britton was a bit too concerned that we would get lost, snake bit, fall into a giant crevice--I think we need to get him out more!

I think they had fun, at least they said they did when they were quite certain we were out of danger!

Gorgeous right?
This rock looks like a guy with a smooshed nose to me!


This is a house we spotted on our way to Vasquez Rocks.  I thought it was stunning and unusual.  You might be surprised, but we don't have many of these adobe homes here.
I wish I was brave enough to knock on the door and ask for a tour...hehe, I have another friend who would (yes, you Kaley).




I am not much for the desert, even though I was raised here, but I think it was a pretty inspiring day.  After all, beauty can be found anywhere and there is definitely unusual beauty here.  

Now let's go get some IN-N-Out Burger!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...