DGV Nav

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Design Inspiration: Suzanne Kesler



new classics

Suzanne Kesler's mantra is "a room should be collected not decorated."  As an Atlanta-based designer, and graduate of the University of Cincinnati's college of  Design, Art, Architecture, and Planning, Kesler knows a thing or two about how to achieve that end.  She has won numerous awards, been featured in all the top decorating magazines, has a furniture line called Hickory Chair, a rug line through Safavieh,  a fine art production through Soicher-Marin, a fabric line through Lee Jofa and, of course, an accessories production through Ballard Design.  If you somehow don't know Suzanne Kesler by name I know you recognize some of these spaces...take a look!


These Deco sunburst mirrors have come back in a big way (I know you knew that) and I don't know if Kesler is responsible for their reemergence in popularity but she certainly helped it along.  Many of her rooms include these mirrors; even her outdoor spaces.
house beautiful
This room definitely shows her southern roots.  It is warm and toasty in feel and has an updated traditional vibe.

She knows how to keep it simple, powerful and memorable.  
Ah, this is why I love her.

Just look at this room!  It is a study in perfection.  This is a designer who really thinks it through.  Your eye travels around:  The focal point is the dark wood hutch which relates to the painting, firescreen, ottoman base, sofa leg, and pillow on the couch.  Nothing screams but there is method.


Muracadesign


atticmag
She really does meld European and American design together so well.


houseandhome


zuhairah-homeinteriordesign


houseandhome
This dining room is one of my favorite spaces--ever!  In fact, the whole house is this gorgeous.


suzanne kasler


abhomeinteriors
Kesler's signature design



materialgirls
I really like that she does fun, punchy colors outside mixed with all the white.


houseoffifty


coopermclure
Pretty fantastic outdoor space, no?

I had a tough time choosing which spaces I wanted to feature.  They are all so beautiful.

Well, I'm off to substitute.  At least it is an English class and at my husband's school.
Should be a good day today!

4 comments:

  1. Love the soft colors! Very inviting and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they beautiful! I know I would be happy to live in any of them...even the mud room:)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outdoor ikat pillows such a great use of color!

    Nora
    www.penchantforpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right, Nora?! They are fantastic. They really give that patio a punch. I like bold color outside so much. Out here in the desert the sun fades everything anyway, so might as well start bright:)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...