DGV Nav

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Minor Obsession: Monthly Gift Boxes

A while back, I saw a post on someone's blog about Birchbox, a company that (for a monthly fee) sends you a box with 4-5 deluxe beauty samples from a pretty impressive list of vendors (from Nars to Fresh to kate spade).  If you're anything like me,  you love getting things in the mail (not bills or junk mail, naturally).  My favorite thing about ordering from Sephora is getting the free samples.  Pathetic, I know, but I don't care.  They're little and tiny and cute and free. 

So Birchbox, when I first read about it, seemed pretty amazing to me.  What a great idea, I thought to myself.  And myself agreed.

Because I think that is such an awesome little idea there, I have decided to do a roundup of different companies that offer a similar service; there are so many cool ones cropping up over the internet.  And I like to share.  I'm generous like that.

So here is the one that started it all (at least for me)- Birchbox.


Birchbox.com

Another set of goodies delivered right to your door every month or so comes from Umba Box.  With this company, you get "Handmade Surprises Every Month."  If you sign up for an Umba Box, you can expect to receive one to three handmade items from different artists each month.  The amount of items you receive depends on the value of the pieces; they promise at least a $25 value every month.  This box is perfect for those out searching for handmade products from real artists.

Join Umba Box for $25/mo here 


BeautyBar.com created Sample Society, which offers a  $15 monthly subscription  that will get you 5 deluxe sized samples from brands like Stila and Murad.  One of their selling points is that besides the 5 deluxe samples, you get to apply your $15 toward a $50 purchase at Beauty Bar.

Sample Society

Another great monthly subscription service is offered by Olive Box.  For $25 a month (plus s&H), you get a bevy of carefully curated stationery and paper products from both up and coming companies and more established ones like Rifle Paper Company.

Olive Box
How fun is that?!  I love just about all things paper, so to get a box in the mail each month full of delightful pretty things... now, that would be fun!  Products range from cards to stationery, artwork to magazines... all things paper lovers would enjoy.

There are monthly subscription services for men, for creative kids, for parents. for foodies... The list goes on and there are plenty of choices out there!

Let me know if you subscribe to any of these, or if you plan to!  I love me some samples, so I definitely see one of these making its way to my house in the near future!

~Lori

3 comments:

  1. fun! I knew about birchbox but love the information on other sites as well. Olive box sounds interesting - xo catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would make a cool gift, who wouldn't love to get a fun surprise in the mail each month! I just saw that my local wine store has a wine of the month club, where they deliver a couple of different bottles to your door each month!

    Nora
    www.penchantforpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine, there are tons of different sites... I would have a hard time choosing just one!

    Nora, wine of the month? Sign me up!

    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...