DGV Nav

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Favorite Thing: Classic Trench



Any fan of film Noir knows that the trench coat is the ultimate wardrobe staple.  Here is the beautiful Gene Tierney from a scene in Laura.  If you haven't seen this move, get it tonight!
I have wanted a classic trench coat for a long time, and finally this year, I got it.  Note: It was on sale big-time. I'm feeling like solving a mystery on a rainy night with a dark stranger...or just taking a stroll through the streets of Paris.  It is amazing what one article of clothing can conjure.




Garbo complete with pearls and beret.
via vogue.it
Deitrich looking war era best. 
Audrey and Givenchy.  Amazing.

Here it is!  My new wardrobe staple...now I just need the rain etc.  








All photos by Kyungmoo Ryu 

trench coat: Banana Republic


"Here's looking at you, Kid[s]" ...Happy Saturday!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Had mine on today, though not a classic! I'd love a tried-and-true one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzie! Got to love a classic. But I have a more non-traditional one, as well, and I wear it quite a bit too. Hope you get the one you want soon!

    Have a great weekend!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...