DGV Nav

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sweet Spot Sunday: Caramel Apple Dip

Last night I went to my friend's annual Halloween party.  She and her husband go all out decorating their house and their gorgeous backyard.  Everybody brings some kind of food or drink or both.  This year for my friend Kim and I, pinterest ruled.  I made a recipe from pinterest, and so did she.  Mine was ok, hers was delicious.  And so easy.  And so perfect for fall.  And so I am going to share it with you.

image via Echoes of Laughter

The ingredients are simple: whipped cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel sauce, toffee bits, and apples.

Easy.  Simple.  Kim made hers in a cute pumpkin tray and set it inside on the dessert table.  I stayed outside all night so that I wouldn't eat the entire bag of sliced apples and the whole plate of dip by myself.  Because I would have.  I would have dipped, chomped, dipped again, and I would have continued to do that until I had either eaten all of the apple slices or until there was nothing left of the dip.  I have no self control.

So pretty much all you do is add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to a tub of whipped cream cheese and mix together.  Then you spread that on a plate, cover with the caramel sauce and toffee bits, and voila- you have yourself some caramel apple dip.

After talking to Kim, I found out that she didn't even bother adding the brown sugar to the cream cheese, and it was still delicious, people!  Now, granted, I have never had this with the brown sugar; I have only had it the way Kim made it, but it was perfect and I wouldn't bother adding the brown sugar in either.  It's your call.

The actual recipe can be found over on Echoes of Laughter.  Yum!

~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...