DGV Nav

Thursday, December 27, 2012

DIY: Operation Gold Leaf

It is now two days past Christmas and I have been busy taking all the decorations out and packing them neatly in the garage.  It is a little depressing isn't it?  The house just doesn't look as pretty without all the shimmer and lights. { I am quick to take everything down because my son's birthday is January 5th and I need to get a move on the birthday planning and decorating.}
The good news is that it gives me a little push to do a new project in order to make myself feel better about saying goodbye to Christmas.  Nothing too detailed because, as we all know, it takes a lot of time to clean and put away everything after the holidays.

As you can see I had black rimmed mirrored stars.  The black just wasn't quite right for the look I wanted, so I took the mirror off the back and brushed on some gold leaf.  I didn't want a perfect look so I just quickly brushed it on, not covering the whole surface so that it would look more vintage.  It couldn't have been simpler and I love how they turned out!
 Hmmm, what else in my house needs to be gold??

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...