DGV Nav

Monday, May 5, 2014

Artist Spotlight: Nuri Amanatullah

Yesterday Rebecca and I were finally able to meet for coffee.  After not having been able to get together for several moths, we were able to see each other a couple of times this weekend- first on Saturday, when we met to go to a book warehouse sale (sadly, a dud), followed by a trip to the antique store (sadly, Rebecca had to leave before we headed inside).  Sunday was a success, though, and we met at our favorite local coffee house- the Sagebrush Cafe.  We talked about what has been going on in both of our lives lately- job interviews and writing contracts, botched dye jobs and noisy neighbors, and maybe a few other things.  One of the things we love about the Sagebrush Cafe is that they showcase local artists (and they sell other super cute literary and art themed items.)  This past visit provided us with prints that were fun and colorful, from artist Nuri Amanatullah.
Oh, Columbia! — Bioshock Infinite
Now, I will be honest with you- I am not a player of this computer game, so any reference to it is lost on me, but that does not stop me from loving this print.
via
This is the image that was on the cards advertising the show.  I swiped one, I'm not going to lie.  Although I guess since they are free it doesn't really count as swiping.  I think this little character (named Elizabeth) is adorable.
buy it on etsy
Another video game, The Last of Us, that I know nothing about, other than it is possibly being made into a movie this year.  Still, I like the graphic.  I love this style.


buy it on etsy
This is also on display at the cafe, and it is such a different style that I assumed it was a different artist.

buy it on etsy
You know what they say about assuming.
Anyway, I think both of these prints would be fun to add to a themed gallery wall, maybe in a vacation home or guest bedroom, along with other similarly themed prints.

As always, I hope you are having a fantastic Monday!  I can't believe it is already May.  In one month, my kiddos will be moving on from the 5th grade, and the Cat and I will begin packing for Paris.  It's crazy how time flies.

2 comments:

  1. i love those last two prints.
    they feel so retro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. This is the first time I've told David about a post on your blog and he actually asked to see it. You would love Bio Shock Infinite, especially the 2nd one because it has to do with the Columbian Exposition. They are games that teach history, are visually stunning and have strong female characters. I would buy the Saddleback print if I didn't think it would fuel David's homesickness.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...