DGV Nav

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sorry I Missed It: Little Golden Tales

From January through February of this year, Gallery Nucleus had an exhbibition called "Little Golden Tales," which was an art tribute to the classic Little Golden Books.  Artists were invited to either pay tribute to real Little Golden Books, or to imagine their own.
by artist Jerrod Maruyama
Can I just say I wish this book existed?!  This would seriously rival The Poky Little Puppy, which has always been my favorite Little Golden Book.

Alina Chau, Gallery Nucleus
The Tawny, Scrawny Lion was always a favorite to read to the Cat when she was little.  I love how artist Alina Chau re-imagined it.

by Loren, Gallery Nucleus
Okay, I don't really care that I am revealing my perhaps nerdier tendencies here; this book should also exist.  A Dalek spine?  Hello?!!
Maxime Mary, Gallery Nucleus
The world would be a better place if this existed.  This is just pure genius, Maxime Mary.  Kudos to you and your artistic brain.
Gallery Nucleus
Good for you, Jesse.  Good for you.
Eren Blanquet, Gallery Nucleus
Also this.  Hello, little Frodo, skipping off to Mordor. Look at that tiny little Eye of Sauron on the hill.  It's perfection.

Anyway, I am really sad that I missed this little exhibit, because I think the artists just ran with the theme and the results are brilliant.  The Breaking Bad piece sold for a cool $500, so that's a little too rich for this girl's blood, but I am just content knowing that these things exist, at least in the art world.

4 comments:

  1. This guy does some great Golden Books style movie art , I bought David a Lebowski a few years back.
    http://www.cooley.bigcartel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what an amazing exhibit!! The Breaking Bad one made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fantastic! Breaking Bad gave me a chuckle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pokey little puppy too! And how fun would that breaking bad book be!?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...