DGV Nav

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Your Heart on Your Sleeve

Valentine's Day is long gone, but I can't seem to get over hearts.  I have to admit that in the past, I've always leaned as far away from heart shaped anything as much as possible. (Including those cheesy diamond heart necklaces that mall jewelry stores pump out around the holidays. Sorry if you're a fan, or if you have one that you cherish.  When I received one for Christmas one year, and it was talked up to be the greatest gift I would ever receive, and as something I'd always wanted, I was disappointed, to say the least.  The reason, you ask?  Not because I'm a cold-hearted bitch, but because that gift proved that this person did not know me at all, not even after 10 years.  It worked out, though- the next year, when that said person was out of my life, I traded that necklace for the Star Wars trilogy on DVD, a gift that I knew my daughter would adore.)
So.  Where was I?  Oh, yes.  Hearts.  They keep cropping up around me, and now I am perhaps old enough to realize that when done right, they can be beautiful.  Or charming, or whimsical, or adorable.  The list goes on.
Take this necklace from Shoppe by Scoutmob for example.  I love this necklace.  It is simple, but gorgeous.

And how about this simple, pretty little number?  It's a necklace, but I think I would like it even better as a bracelet.

Dream Digital Designs, Etsy
I think this would make a lovely wedding or anniversary gift.
Mon Amie Paperie, Etsy
Umm, heart map stickers?  Yes, please!  I can tell you exactly what I would do if I had these- I would hold on to them, fervently, waiting for just the right thing on which to use them, and then time would pass, slowly but surely, and they would remain untouched for years and years.  I would selfishly hoard them, and they would never leave their little glassine paper backing, but I would take pleasure in the idea that I had them, squirreled away somewhere.
What can I say?  I'm just an all-around delightful person.

Before I leave you, I will say one thing in my defense (in case this post read as a little odd, or out of character): it is crunch time at my school, with it being the end of the year and all, and I feel like I have a million and one things to get done, but not enough energy to do it all.  Oh well.  I will persevere.  Plus, it helps that it's Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I NEED those Map stickers!! Oh my , they are so cute!! Good luck with the end of school, that's always a crazy time. Just breathe..that's what I tell myself when work is crazy.

    Best, Mree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice, thanks! And aren't those stickers perfect?! Have a great weekend.
      Lori

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...