DGV Nav

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Disneyland Merchandising Magic

What is it about Disneyland that makes me want to buy everything in sight like Mickey Mouse picture frames and salt and pepper shakers?  I know perfectly well that I will not want to use them once I get home, but in the Main Street shops, with the nostalgic music playing and the beautiful seduction of old timey merchandising, I forget all about practicality and I know that I need that retro- modern t shirt depicting Tomorrow Land.
We had a fabulous time at Disneyland.  This was my daughter's first experience and, while she embraced the fantasy of her visit, she was not a fan of The Haunted Mansion or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.  Those are some of my favorite rides!  Oh well.  Next time.
If you are a Disneyland fan, you will understand the allure of their merchandising.  Here's what I mean:

Would I ever actually carry this bag?  No, I wouldn't.  But, somehow I really want it.
IMG_8403
These glasses couldn't be cuter and I could easily be talked into purchasing all of them.  Disney witchery! 
More Disney cuteness.
various signs
There is no end to whimsical signage that would never be a good choice for my home.  I still want them, though.
I couldn't find an image of the particular t-shirt that I was really considering.  It had 50's retro feel with Tomorrowland images.  I just loved it but knew it would be relegated to PJ's.  How do they do it?

 I want to warn you:  As much fun as we had, there were a lot of rides that are down; Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, and The Submarine Ride.  That is really sad!
Folks, I can't believe it is already Thursday!  I am happy because I get to spend the rest of this week and the next teaching Shakespeare in a 7th grade class.  I'm thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...