DGV Nav

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

DIY Snowglobes


My kids love to do little projects with me.  My son, in particular, always asks me if we can do something for the holidays.  I must admit that I don't like to make things that will just head to the garbage the next day, or clutter up the fridge.  It is always a challenge to find projects that are easy, yet something that I want to have around.  I saw these adorable little snow globes on pinterest.com and thought they would be the perfect project for me and my kiddos.  I didn't even have to buy anything, I had everything I needed in the garage and cupboard!


homemade snow globes. freaking awesome
from pinterest

Begin with standard mason jars. 

I spray painted the tops white, but they would be cute in any color.

Next I rounded up a few toys and mini Christmas trees.

Use epoxy to attach the toys and trees to the inside of the lids.
Let them harden for 24hrs. (This step is for parents only)

The army men make me laugh, especially since that penguin
is twice as big as they are!

Add distilled water and glitter (you can use a few drops of
glycerin if you have it, it makes the glitter fall slower).


Love this one!



These turned out really cute, and were so much fun to make!




4 comments:

  1. Great project. Looks like a lot of fun.

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen some people use Baby Oil...does that create the same effect as the glycerin? Thanks! Look super cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...