DGV Nav

Thursday, December 15, 2011

S'more gifts, please

These always make me wish it snowed more
here so I could try some of these poses.
I've noticed a pattern concerning my student gifts.  They are always either snowman or Nightmare Before Christmas related.  The snowman thing might stem from my love of Calvin and Hobbes cartoons, and the array of crazy snowmen Calvin always made.  Or the fact that they are cute and easily recognizable, so that if you aren't very crafty or artsy, you can at least manage to draw a snowman's face.
For once, I got the gifts for my students finished before midnight the night before the party.  In fact, for the first time ever, they were done by 7!  I am so impressed with myself.  I shouldn't be; they were pretty easy this year.  I went with little make your own s'mores packages.  The holiday touch was the snowmen faces drawn on to the gigantic marshmallows. With sharpie.  Just kidding.  I used edible markers.  I think they turned out to be pretty cute.  I am also going to make my kids some Butterscotch Krimpets.  Correction- I am going to attempt to make them some Butterscotch Krimpets.  The book that we are finishing up, Maniac Magee, takes place in Pennsylvania, and back there Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets are a mainstay.  They don't sell them out here in California, and I didn't think about it soon enough to just order a case from the company.  So I am going to attempt to make them.  Wish me luck.

I love marshmallows and s'mores, and
 apparently I love marshmallow related art.

These are the little gifties for my students


Ooh, and on an unrelated note, Rebecca and I are going to the Long Beach Antique show this Sunday with one of her friends; I can't wait to see what treasures we find!!
~Lori


*update- I didn't make the Krimpets.  The recipe called for a jellyroll pan, and I have no idea what that is, so I took that as a sign to wait until later to make them.

2 comments:

  1. These are great gifts. What a sweet teacher.

    Also - I love the C&H snowmen.

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ryan! I love Calvin and Hobbes too. The gifts were pretty easy, and my kids loved them! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...