DGV Nav

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Vindicated



Yesterday, over on Refinery 29, they ran a piece on updating the maxi dress, which has become a wardrobe staple for a lot of ladies out there.  Including me.  I love donning a maxi dress when I don't feel like putting a whole lot of thought into my outfit, and my go to staple to throw on over it is a cropped jean jacket.  And now that they are suggesting this over on Refinery 29, I have to say that I feel vindicated.  I don't know why, but I've always been like that- if I have been wearing something or doing something for awhile and then see it in a magazine later on, or on a blog, or on t.v., I feel vindicated.  I want to tell people, "Hey, I know my stuff sometimes, cause I've been doing it like that for months now."  Or, "Collar necklaces are in?  I've had my vintage gold collar/choker necklace for months, because when I saw it, it reminded me of Wonder Woman and I needed it so that I could channel Wonder Woman in my everyday wardrobe."  I'm sure everybody does this- jumps on a trend bandwagon before it actually becomes a trend.  And I know I shouldn't care if it becomes a trend, because that isn't what fashion is about, and I should be just so far above it that I simply do not care what the masses think, blah blah blah, but why lie?  I like it when I am on trend.  Or ahead of the trend.  I like that better, because then I can puff up my chest and think man, I am good.   And I can act like I know what I'm doing, but really, half the time it seems to be coincidental.  I see something that I like, and I snatch it up, and then there it is, in a magazine the next month, or months later.  
How often does that happen to you?  Do you love it, or do you find it annoying?
~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...