DGV Nav

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Floral and Gingham

 

I have had these shorts in my closet, with the price tag still attached, for at least two years now. When I first saw them in the store, I fell in love with the sweet print and the retro inspired cut. I don't know why I waited so long to actually wear them. I guess I was waiting for the right top to come along. I love the look of the blue gingham with the floral print. Upon seeing this outfit, the Cat politely told me that it "doesn't match!" I reminded her that it doesn't have to match; it just has to go. Together, I mean. I think it has become easier for people to match blue with black and not feel bad about it (by people, I guess I really mean me. I must think highly of myself, because I am assuming this was a somewhat global problem a couple of years ago). With the advent (resurgence?) of color blocking, I think people (again, I really mean me) are not as afraid to pair these two. And thank heavens, because I love the way they look together! The light blue of the shirt is mimicked in the blue of the shorts, and who doesn't like a good gingham with a sweet floral pattern?! To me, this outfit screams summer. A high pony tail and straw bag complete the outfit, although I think a bandanna tied just so would also be super cute and play off the retro vibe of the shorts.


shirt: thrifted; similar here
shorts: Forever 21, forever ago
bag: Gap













~Lori

2 comments:

  1. Great outfit!! If only I could wear shorts again, I need to lose my baby weight before I start feeling comfortable to wear shorts again!! XoXo, Crystal from Billie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Feeling comfortable is key, I think; even if the outfit is fabulous, if you don't feel comfortable, you won't be able to pull it off! That's what I've found, anyway. :)
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...