DGV Nav

Friday, February 22, 2013

Favorite Finds (and a weekend project)



Let me start by saying that I have had a very busy week.  It seems I haven't had a minute to do much at all, so I am very much looking forward to relaxing tonight and this weekend.  I just haven't had a chance to find anything for our typical "Freaky Find Friday" post and I know you are very sad about that.  Instead, just this once, I thought I would show you a few fabulous things I found (and received).  I really wanted this mirror for my mantle, but didn't buy it.  You know how it goes:  "I really shouldn't get it because It really isn't necessary this month to spend money on frivolity..."  My sweet husband decided to surprise me with it for Valentine's Day!  It was far better than chocolates.  I love all the colors on the mirror.  It is my whole color palette in my house.  The globe above is something I happened on last weekend.  I was at a local junk shop and I HAD to have this globe.  It is difficult to see in the picture but the base color is a grey-green and it has shades of aqua and turquoise.  I've not seen anything like it and for $12 I couldn't pass it up.

Lori turned me on to these Martha Stewart chalkboard labels $5.99/12 pack available here  when she did a previous DIY post {view here}  Last weekend I decided that my kitchen canisters needed these awesome labels too.  So what project do I have in store for this weekend???
Well, after I do this tonight...
And this Saturday morning...

I plan to continue to work on this...
 Here is the little project I have been dreaming about for awhile:  I found this little dresser for $40 and painted it this blue-grey and then added hardware (the top knobs are now added too).  I intend to make this into my powder room vanity, with the addition of a sink and faucet--of course.
 I saw this travertine tile and fell in love.  It doesn't show up much in the picture but there is a lot of blue in it. Maybe, if I am very good, I will get to have this through my powder room and adjoining laundry room.  I also have a little wallpapering to do...I'll keep you posted!

What are you doing this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. I love the paint you used on the dresser. It's such a beautiful color!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! The color is Blue Haze by My Color inspired by Pantone at Lowes.

      Rebecca

      Delete
  2. That dresser is gorgeous!! I love the color so much. And those chalkboard labels are so fun and cute :)
    Thanks for stopping by!
    -Jessi
    Haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessi! The color is called "Blue Haze" from My Color inspired by Pantone at Lowes.

      Rebecca

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...