DGV Nav

Monday, February 11, 2013

Summering in the Hamptons



Have you seen the documentary Grey Gardens?  There's the original, which was filmed in 1975 and followed the daily lives of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis' eccentric first and second cousins- mother, "Big Edie," and daughter, "Little Edie."  Then there's the movie remake, starring Drew Barrymore as "Little Edie."  My cousin and I became obsessed with Barrymore's spot on performance; for months we went around calling each other, "Chicken," and "Mother Dear."
image via
Why am I sharing this with you, Chicken?  Because now you can rent the house that the two Edies lived in, and that Jackie O came in and helped rescue from disrepair.  Grey Gardens is located in the Hamptons, and you can rent the whole estate for a month in the summer for a mere $125,000. I know, I know, it's pricey.  (To put it lightly!)  But take a look at the newly remodeled, returned to its former glory but oh-so-chicly updated pictures, and you may just be willing to break open your piggy bank.

Front Exterior
Not a bad view to be met with as you come up the driveway.







Love that they worked with such a soft palette of mints and white.

The master bedroom.

The entryway.

Gorgeous garden gate.  I believe this is the one Edie ducked through after
explaining her costume of choice.
Little cottage on the property.
All Grey Garden house images from Corcoran Group Real Estate


I thought I'd throw this in for fun- I'm not even sure if this show is still on tv, but my sister-in-law (who also let me know the house was for rent) told me about this particular episode of The New Normal because the little girl does a spot on Little Edie impression.

So, anyone want to go halfsies on the time share and summer in the Hamptons?  

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that house is gorgeous, I would love to be able to spend my summers there!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one gorgeous house! I saw that episode of the New Normal! That little girl was really good!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these images! I saw the movie and also got a chance to see the play on Broadway a few years ago before it closed and it was amazing! Thanks for reminding me of it.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Grey Garden but I have really want to. These pictures are so beautiful. The house is so lovely.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a weird ans sweet movie... Drew was amazing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...