Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sweet Spot Sunday

I had grand plans this week of bringing you a recipe for some very tasty homemade biscotti, but I ran out of time.  I have barely been home this week, and never early enough to whip up a tasty treat and then take pictures of it.  Sigh.  Maybe next time.
Instead, I thought I would bring you a sweet idea from the web.
But first up is a super sweet set of cards, just in time for Valentine's Day.

Ink and Iron

Want to know one of the reasons I think these cards are so sweet (besides the obvious cute factor)?  Because I won them from the fabulous Birdie to Be!  I happen to think that is super sweet, and I'd like to say  a  BIG thank you to Birdie to Be and Ink and Iron for the fun giveaway!

Now how about these gorgeous cameo pops?

                                                                             Source: countryliving.com via Lori on Pinterest

You'll need the mold, and the directions are here.

Seems easy enough, right?!  Valentine's Day will be here before you know it!

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

AND...For Superbowl Sunday!

 Lori was a doll and let me add my little treats for Superbowl Sunday to her cute post today!  My husband and son are really into football.  We are headed over to a friend's house this afternoon so I thought I would bring a little treat for everyone.  I saw these chocolate covered footballs on Pinterest and I thought I would try my hand at them.  They are NOT perfect, but they were fun and, of course, super yummy!

One little tip: Don't use the little cake decorating tube for the detail; it just ran right off (as you can clearly see on some below).  Use a thicker frosting, like a cream cheese in a tube.  It stayed on better even though it was difficult to get it on straight--and I didn't!  let me know if you have any tips for me!

Have fun today!


  1. Oh my goodness those cameo pops are DARLING! And the football strawberries are too cute. Were just eating junk. We didn't get that creative.

  2. YAY! Congrats again! You should be hearing from Ink&Iron soon! Xo

  3. Those chocolate covered strawberries are so clever and look delicious!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...