DGV Nav

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sweet Spot Sunday

I had grand plans this week of bringing you a recipe for some very tasty homemade biscotti, but I ran out of time.  I have barely been home this week, and never early enough to whip up a tasty treat and then take pictures of it.  Sigh.  Maybe next time.
Instead, I thought I would bring you a sweet idea from the web.
But first up is a super sweet set of cards, just in time for Valentine's Day.

Ink and Iron

Want to know one of the reasons I think these cards are so sweet (besides the obvious cute factor)?  Because I won them from the fabulous Birdie to Be!  I happen to think that is super sweet, and I'd like to say  a  BIG thank you to Birdie to Be and Ink and Iron for the fun giveaway!

Now how about these gorgeous cameo pops?



                                                                             Source: countryliving.com via Lori on Pinterest


You'll need the mold, and the directions are here.

Seems easy enough, right?!  Valentine's Day will be here before you know it!

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday!



AND...For Superbowl Sunday!


 Lori was a doll and let me add my little treats for Superbowl Sunday to her cute post today!  My husband and son are really into football.  We are headed over to a friend's house this afternoon so I thought I would bring a little treat for everyone.  I saw these chocolate covered footballs on Pinterest and I thought I would try my hand at them.  They are NOT perfect, but they were fun and, of course, super yummy!

One little tip: Don't use the little cake decorating tube for the detail; it just ran right off (as you can clearly see on some below).  Use a thicker frosting, like a cream cheese in a tube.  It stayed on better even though it was difficult to get it on straight--and I didn't!  let me know if you have any tips for me!

Have fun today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those cameo pops are DARLING! And the football strawberries are too cute. Were just eating junk. We didn't get that creative.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Congrats again! You should be hearing from Ink&Iron soon! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chocolate covered strawberries are so clever and look delicious!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...