DGV Nav

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Inspiration: Mary Tyler Moore

I have been watching a lot of "The Dick Van Dyke Show" re-runs in the morning as I get myself and my daughter ready for the day.  I have been really struck by how adorable Rob and Laura Petrie are as a TV couple!  Also, Mary Tyler Moore's style on the show is just wonderful.  Her clothes are gorgeous.  She is gorgeous.  I wish I could have found two specific images for cocktail dresses she had, but no (insert pouty face).   Take a look at some the darling examples I was able to find, though. Not only did she look beautiful and pulled together, but she could sing and dance as well as handle comedy gracefully-in a style all her own.  Amazing.  


Laura Petrie
Cute plaid skirt
I would love to own any of those outfits!  I think it's pretty fantastic that I can say that about a 1960's TV comedy star's wardrobe!

8 comments:

  1. I spy classic cropped black trousers- something I lean on frequently in my closet! Some styles pass the time-test. :) Great post!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. She is so lovely and under-appreciated, don't you think? Thank you for your comment!

      Rebecca

      Delete
  3. I used to watch this show every day!! Totally getting nostalgic looking at these photos.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! Thank you for your comment:)
      Rebecca

      Delete
  4. I love catching the re-runs too. She dressed well in both series

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...