DGV Nav

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Outfit of the Day- Miss Mary Mack

Yesterday was my baby's birthday.    I can't believe how quickly time goes by.  We did a family dinner at my parents' house, with the meal of her choice made by her Mimi.  She has always wanted a "fondant cake" as she calls it (though my nephew calls them "fon-don't" cakes since he prefers frosting).  And this year she asked for an Adventure Time cake.
photo/cake by Christine Belcher


The Cat was so happy when she saw this.  One of my co-teacher's daughter is an extremely talented baker, and she made this cake, complete with Gunther (the penguin), Finn and Jake (of course), and even a hidden snail on the back.  (Thanks, Christine!)

So the weather is back to being cold, and I am back to sweaters.  This is my fisherman sweater that I picked up from Marshall's (before Rebecca was able to snatch it up!).







sweater- Cynthia Rowley, Marshalls
pants- Forever 21
shoes- Dillards
purse- Kate Spade, Nordstrom Rack
bracelet- Dillards
I love the buttons down the back!


9 comments:

  1. Aww, happy belated 12th to your daughter! What an amazing cake.

    Love this outfit- soft and chic, but the button detail is perfect!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Alli says thanks for the birthday wishes!
      And... aren't the buttons fun?!
      ~Lori

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I wear those shoes with everything! And I can't stay away from stripes!
      ~Lori

      Delete
  3. I love the buttoned back! It makes this simple outfit extra special!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Half my students asked if my sweater was on backwards ;)
      ~Lori

      Delete
  4. Love the buttons down the back! And the leopard + stripes! Very cute - and that cake is amazing!

    Olivia | go for the glam

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute way to pair leopard and stripes!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...