DGV Nav

Monday, November 4, 2013

Harry Potter Halloween Party

I'm sorry this post is a bit late and Halloween is over, but I thought I would post it anyway.  I decided to throw a very small Harry Potter themed party for my son because he finished reading all the Potter books over Summer vacation.  We invited a few of his closest friends (one of which also chose to dress up as Hermione along with my daughter) and we had a great time!  This is definitely one of the smallest and least detailed of the parties I have ever done, and you know what?  I enjoyed the actual party even more than usual.  I made stew and baked chicken and my friends brought side dishes.  There were so many wonderful things to eat and we had a great time.
 A small white owl, some white pumpkins, flowers, and a collection of the Hogwarts Library complete the entryway.  
Here is the main treat table!  Tons of yummy HP desserts to snack on.  I chose a plaid fabric table cloth because it looked collegiate and I strung lantern lights around the skirt of it because it reminded me of the visits Harry, Ron and Hermione made to Hagrid's hut at night.
My mom made these awesome sorting hat caramels!  These were my favorite things.
 She also made these cookie and peach filled treats.
 We both made chocolate frogs.  The large ones have a surprise in the center...gummy worms!



I shared this with you a few days ago, but it is my favorite.  These HP diorama pumpkins were fun to make and the kids loved them.
 A spider banner and spooky message transform the dining room mirror.
 The dining room table where the kids carved their pumpkins.
 Aren't they cute!  We even had a fairy and famous bears coach Mike Ditka.  I love it!


These two have been best friends since before pre-school.



 One fun thing we had was a horcrux and mini-pumpkin hunt.
They had fizzy potion drinks and butter beer (root beer).
Thank you, Kyungmoo Ryu for the beautiful photos!
 All the kids left with a few goodies: spider ring, glow- in-the-dark wand, and cauldron filled with candy.

Although this was a really small gathering, I think it was one of the most fun and memorable for my kids.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a Halloween party! Best I've seen! :)

    Please vote for me--> http://www.onlineshoes.com/monthly-shoe-styling-contest

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastical! Bravo...I am giving you the golf clap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome is this party! Well done my friend. I love the sorting hat caramels! And all the kiddos look darling!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...