DGV Nav

Monday, November 18, 2013

Christmas 2013 Schemes and Themes

I began this post with the intention of putting the top Christmas decorating trends of the year together.  I mean, that is the title of the post. It's funny because these "trends" really aren't trends at all; they really are classics.  All white will always be in style.  Tartan and plaid are having a huge moment but didn't your mom decorate with it at some point in your childhood?  I have a picture of my brothers and me at Christmas in red tartan outfits.  Black and gold might seem a bit of-the-moment, and it is, but it is really elegant depending on how it is executed.  Minimal and simple Christmas decorating doesn't appeal to everyone but I find that I respond more to this look than any of the others.  Of course, it looks best with lots of white.  It's so interesting to see the different styles of Christmas decorating this year and how they are mixed.
I probably should have added multi-colored and perhaps woodland [which would have easily blended with tartan], but I will leave those for another post!

Tartan~

chiccoastalliving.blogspot.com

celebrations.com

mrsd-daily.com
White on White~

the-finishing-touches.net
Christmas
gardenpicture.tumblr.com
All in white...
agiftwrappedlife.blogspot.com
Black and Gold~

archdeco.org
glamorous gold and black gift wrap
boxwoodclippings.com

eventish.com
Minimal~
.
tidningenlantliv.se/
Rosemary Napkin Rings
spoonforkbacon.com
door decor
allumerdecor.blogspot.com
♕ delicate bells
tyylijakoti.fi

Chrismas 2013 Schemes and Themes

14 comments:

  1. Plaid definitely always reminds me of winter and christmas. I love white and gold for the holidays too!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you...it's so hard to choose. There are too many gorgeous ideas out there!

      Thank you,
      Rebecca

      Delete
  2. I love the white on white... and maybe with a touch of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the black and gold here might be my fave. though I love the delicate little bells in the last photo too.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love those bells too, Jackie!

      Thank you,
      Rebecca

      Delete
  4. everything is gorg! now i am even more excited for the holidays! XO

    the well-traveled wife

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love! I love classic Christmas, reds, greens, golds! If it is classic Christmas I will love it!

    I love all of these themes! Makes me want to finish my decorating today! Alas that isn't going to happen! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classic red, green and gold Christmas decor is so warm.
      At least you started decorating!! I need to get crakin'.

      Rebecca

      Delete
  6. LOVE all these gorgeous themes! Last year I did red & white prints and patterns, and the year before classic tartan and green velvet bows, but this year I'm excited for minimal white with bold red and gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! I want to see pictures of your decorations....sounds gorgeous! I hope you post some:)

      Rebecca

      Delete
  7. Beautiful Christmas decor! Christmas is my favorite time of year so these pictures make me happy :)

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...