DGV Nav

Friday, January 10, 2014

Art With A Heart

perfect gallery wall
pinterest
There are many things to love about a gallery wall: they are interesting and attractive and they are the solution to that big blank wall in your home.  There is something more to consider, though.  The art on your walls aren't there only to be beautiful but meaningful.  I am not one to keep everything of sentimental value.  It isn't that I'm not sentimental, it's just that I don't care for things that I will never look at or appreciate and are packed away in boxes.  Gallery walls are the perfect solution.  Lori is a key example to illustrate what I mean.  On her beautiful wall in her formal living room she has framed art that her grandmother drew; also some by her daughter when she was very young.  Not only do they look really great up there, but every time she looks at them they will make her smile and think of the people she loves.  I like to buy limited addition art from local artists when I travel as souvenirs, that way I can be reminded of my journey when I see it on my wall. Use shadow boxes for the things that can't be framed for extra dimensional impact.  I also find that a good gallery wall has to develop--yes, there will be a few extra holes in the wall, but moving things around now and again is a must.
I hope you are enjoying your day.  I know it's freezing cold in many places but here it has been quite warm.  This morning I was up early with my husband helping him burn tumble weeds on our back property.  It's the start of a productive day.
Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It's getting warm here too! So I am totally excited to get stuff done OUTSIDE! :) I love lots of framed pics in a wall, but my husband isn't a fan, so... compromise is large pics on a wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where I live it's rather warm too. I kind of want it to be a little cold so I can use my winter clothes!

    ❤Tallia
    Trending In Fashion
    Dressale Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...