DGV Nav

Monday, January 13, 2014

Hello, Jack

I have really been hit with the "I-want-my-house-to-be-fully-decorated-NOW" bug.  I can't seem to stay focused on one room, either.  With the help of Rebecca and her Superman, my house has come so far much quicker than if I were to be doing it alone.  We've been here for almost 5 years (yikes!) and it seems like more has been done in the past 6 months, thanks to Rebecca, than in the whole time we've been here.  Now, that's not really true, but she has been so instrumental in helping me find and update my house style.
The first room in my house that I had fully finished decorating was my den/office.  It has pieces in it that I adore, including my little library of books, my favorite ever table, a gorgeous chandelier that I love, and a vintage trunk that I snagged at an antique store in Newport.  I love this room, but I'm feeling like it, too, needs a change.  What I can't decide, though, is if I should re-haul it, with new paint and a new look, or if I should just add to it.  Do I want bright, airy, and glam, or do I want more old English, collected, and classic?  I can't decide.
I am loving this Union Jack rug, though, that I first saw on Joss & Main and then found again on Rugs USA.


Union Jack Rug

Now, I'm sure poor Rebecca is probably cringing as she reads this and thinking something along the lines of  "Get a Union Jack throw pillow, you fool!  Less is more!  Less is more!"  But I can't help it.  I kind of love the thought of this under my desk, if I decide to go in the opposite direction of glam/chic.  Of course, I will ultimately go in whatever direction Rebecca (if she's still willing to help me!) steers me in, as she seems to know what I really want before I even do.  She's that good, people.
It also doesn't help my case that I can't seem to find a single space in which a huge Union Jack rug actually looks good in, though I am certain it exists.  Somewhere.  Besides in my deluded brain.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...