DGV Nav

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Foxy DIY

I'm a big fan of foxes.  (This love predates the moment foxes are/were having, so the fact that they are everywhere is kind of bittersweet.  That might be a little hipster-esque of me, but I don't care!) The Cat is a fan too.  We have them kind of throughout the house... drawn in closets, pictures on the wall, etc., so it was only natural that I fell in a little bit of love with the line of bar ware and accent pieces that Target introduced last year.  You know the one... with the fox tray and little fox figurines?
Target tray
image via The White Buffalo Styling Co
 Well, I got two of the fox figurines.  (Then my sister got me three more for Christmas- she found them on clearance for less than $3 each!  And she got me the tray.)  I knew I wanted to do something to the figurines, to tweak them.  Now, don't get me wrong; I liked the little faux wood foxiness they had going on.
But I have so damn many of them now (I think my total of that little guy is at three!) that I knew I could take a chance and change him up.  I decided to go for the gold.
Liquid gold, that is.  (Har har.)

I was really surprised by how easily the liquid gold leaf went on.





So there you have it.  An easy way to glam up your Target fox.  I've got a few more of these guys to play around with, so I think they're pretty much all getting a makeover of some sort!

15 comments:

  1. Wow... great job! And I love that tray too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was happy when I unwrapped the tray; I had wanted it, but didn't want to pay for it!
      Lori

      Delete
  2. ahhh they look so cute painted gold! and I saw that tray at target and was soooo tempted to get it too.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely like him gold... I'll see what happens when I paint the next one white!
      Lori

      Delete
  3. Oh I love that! What a great idea! It looks so fancy :)

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is fun to have him glammed up a little bit!
      Lori

      Delete
  4. This is so awesome...I love it. Bravo!! I am so inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Johanna! It was super easy, which is about the only kind of diy I seem to actually be able to pull off!
      Lori

      Delete
  5. Awesome DIY!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. From this post I have learned to cover everything in gold and I will do so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well he is just precious! I didn't even know there was a such thing as liquid gold leaf!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...