DGV Nav

Friday, January 3, 2014

Major Obsession: Leopard

So we are a couple of days in to the new year; how's it treating you so far?
  On New Year's Day, the Cat and I headed over to Dillard's (a local department store) for their big sale- additional 50% off of all markdowns.  I had a game plan, having gone in the day before to see where I wanted to start and what I wanted to get.  On top of my list were Christmas ornaments; they had some gorgeous pieces that would complement my tree and help fill it out.   I made a beeline for the second floor and got everything on my list, minus one item.   Then we headed over to the clothing section, where I got the dress I had my eye on, and then downstairs to lingerie where I scored the two bras I may have hidden at the bottom of the bin the day before.  We then headed over to the jewelry section where I nabbed the necklace I had wanted (and a couple of other pieces, including a charm for my kiddo).   The Cat and I also each got a pair of matching leopard print slippers that are ridiculously comfy and look like the shoes I just ordered online from Steve Madden (those are pictured below).  I know it sounds like we went a little crazy, and maybe we did, (oh, did I mention when we went back upstairs I found another dress that I had to buy?!) but the deals are really amazing.   I got hundreds of dollars of Christmas decorations for $57!
 So now on to my regularly scheduled post.  I am still obsessed with leopard, so when I saw the picture below on pinterest, I immediately started looking around the internets for those shoes.  I was taken to a number of places that all basically said the same thing- sold out.
Leopard Sneakers

I ordered the shoes on the right- before the Dillard's sale. I think I may have possibly purchased more things after Christmas this year than leading up to it. I got free shipping, plus I got a percentage back since I used ebates.  If you aren't signed up for Ebates, you really should consider it.  I have been signed up for a while, but really only recently started using it.  I have already gotten back over $40, just by making online purchases that I would be making anyway.  (Here's one example- I got 10% back for a purchase at Onlineshoes.com- that worked out to be $10 back on top of the coupon I was able to use from Ebates).  If you're interested, you can click the link here and sign up.  I am not getting paid or anything to talk about this; I just actually really like it!  I mean, come on, who doesn't like getting (at least some of) their money back?!
And now I will stop rambling and let you get back to your day. 
I hope your new year is off to a fantastic start!

Follow on Bloglovin

21 comments:

  1. I love animal print and can't wait to bring out my leopard ballerina slippers as soon as it stops raining :o)! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been lucky in the weather department lately, so I broke out my leopard flats the other day!
      Lori

      Delete
  2. i love that inspiration....so chic and casual and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love leopard print! It sounds like you got some amazing deals too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe those celine leopard shoes were only $150 (before they sold out boo). I love the inspiration pic as well; I'll have to try the look of a camel coat accented with leopard print.

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the $150 was the sale price; but I was happy to get the look-alikes for $100!
      Lori

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, I just love those. I think I need them in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting for them to get here; I can't wait!
      Lori

      Delete
  6. One of my good friends is OBSESSED with leopard print anything. She'd love these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty obsessed too (as I sit here under my leopard print blanket, in my leopard print slippers)!
      Lori

      Delete
  7. I LOVE ebates- such a brilliant idea.

    And leopard is the print that won't quit- I'm still loving it. The sneakers are a great score. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ebates is pretty brilliant, and I am so glad that leopard isn't played out. I love it too much!
      Lori

      Delete
  8. I am all for ANYTHING where I can add leopard into an outfit. Both of the sneakers are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never go wrong with leopard!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...